Very cool! Google (the company) invites various people to talk at their campuses, and on April 20 they had Tina Fey on for an hour talking to Google’s (soon-to-be-ex) CEO Eric Schmidt.
They talk about her new book, Bossypants, stand up, comedy writing, her Sarah Palin impressions, Q&A, the process of writing 30 Rock. It’s all pretty damn good.
Eric Schmidt is… not a funny man. Maybe that’s not fair. He’s sitting next to one of the funniest people alive, so maybe it’s just contrast. He’s a little awkward, though.
Some cool bits:
- The catchphrase “I want to go there” was originally a quote from her five year old daughter, looking at the Disney World website and saying “I want to go to there.”
- Eric Schmidt actually being funny when Tina Fey was talking about using her iPhone to capture pictures of her and her daughter and Eric saying “and we want you to use a more powerful phone.”
- Pirates or ninjas? Pirates. Due to the beachiness and outfits.
- Tracy Morgan’s nicknames for Tina Fey: T. Fey and Isis of the hood.
- “I’ve seen a lot of Full House, but never on purpose.”
- Her favourite line she wrote (for Alec Baldwin in Season 1, when asked why he was wearing a tux): “It’s after six. What am I, a farmer?” This line was just used again in S05E20: “100”.